DIP-3 Implemented a DODO Community Treasury that is made up of 5% of all LP fees collected from DODO liquidity pools. These Community funds are there to be used by the DODO community in various ways once consensus has been reached on what the funds should be used for. This proposal sets out a Community Governance framework to ensure that proper protocols and procedures are in place for the DODO Community Treasury.
- Proposals can only be submitted by the DODO community, they cannot be made by or on behalf of the core DODO team
- Proposals MUST be related to the DODO ecosystem and the DODO community must see benefits or advantages for DODO / vDODO holders from the proposal.
- There is a minimum proposal amount of $5,000 and the maximum proposal amount is no more than 50% of the total Community Treasury balance for any one proposal. The same proposal cannot be submitted multiple times at different amounts.
- To submit a proposal, the proposer must hold at least 100 vDODO to submit any proposal for the Community Treasury. If you do not have 100 vDODO you will need to get someone eligible to sponsor your proposal and put forward the vote.
- Proposals can only be transactional in nature, they cannot propose to engage in legal agreements or any such matters that require representation to be made via contractual obligations.
- Proposal voting period must be open for a minimum of 7 days to ensure that all interested parties can understand the proposal and vote accordingly.
- For a proposal to be passed and fully implemented there is a minimum number of votes and voters (25) required to ensure consensus based on the proposal amount as below:
- $5,000 - $10,000 - 1.5 Million total votes required
- $10,000 - $20,000 - 2.0 Million total votes required
- $20,000 - $50,000 - 2.5 million total votes required
- $50,000+ - 3 million total votes required
Note: if the minimum number of votes or voters is not reached then the proposal is considered to be rejected.
- Once a proposal has been passed the DODO Community Treasury Multisig will have 7 days in which to implement and action the proposal.
- If a proposal is rejected, the proposal cannot be submitted again in current form for at least 90 days. A modified proposal can be suggested if there is community consensus based on the previous vote and discussion held.
The above guidelines once approved are deemed to be final unless a vote is implemented to make changes to the proposal. In this case, the normal DIP requirements and rules would need to be followed to make changes to the existing Community Treasury framework.
Voting Period: Aug 25, 2021 at 1:00 PM to Aug 27, 2021 at 1:00 PM SGT (Singapore time)
Voting Method: Users with both DODO tokens and vDODO tokens can vote via Snapshot. 1 DODO represents 1 vote and 1 vDODO represents 100 votes. Casting votes will not incur any gas fee.
Vote for the proposal by clicking on the option that you agree with the most. Feel free to post your thoughts and alternative proposals to DODO’s community forum.
If the total number of votes reaches at least 2 million, the DODO Team will implement the proposal using the option that receives the most votes.
Note: If you have DODO tokens, make sure that they are in wallets on Ethereum mainnet (wallets on centralized exchanges or Binance Smart Chain will not give you votes).